Canol Bangor is a new two-member ward, and Huw Wyn Jones, the current councillor for the Garth ward and Medwyn Hughes, the current Hendre ward councillor, have been selected to stand in the ward.
Some of Huw's achievements in Garth:
- Supported the local campaign to thwart plans to build massive apartments on
shores of Hirael Bay.
- Worked in partnership with local residents and North Wales Police to tackle drug dealing incidents at Ashley Fields and Roman Camp.
- Member of Friends of Garth Pier.
Some of Medwyn's achievements in Hendre:
- Covid-19 support coordinator in the area.
- Tackled anti-social behaviour in the area, ensuring a stronger Police presence.
- Increased the Council's attention in the Tai Stesion area.
- Ensured focus on the Ysgol Glanadda site, supporting a substantial grant to improve the building for the relocation of Our Lady's School to the site in 2024.
- Ensured necessary new housing for local people on Euston Road.
- Fought for many improvements to the playing field on Heol Dewi.
- Got brighter lights for underneath the Railway Bridge.
- Major resurfacing works at Hendrewen, Tan y Maes, Ger Nant, Ffordd Ainon, pavements at Penchwintan, Cae'r Deon car park and Donkey Lane.