Dafydd represents Aber, Llandygai, Llanllechid, Talybont, Tyn y Maes, Caerhun, Glasinfryn, Minffordd, Pentir, Rhydygroes and Waen Wen.
More about Dafydd:
- Dafydd was instrumental in securing flood prevention schemes for Talybont and Tan-y-lôn following major floods in 2012 and 2015.
- At the start of the pandemic, he set up a Covid support group in the area.
- Chair of Partneriaeth Ogwen.
- Founder of Ynni Ogwen.
- Governor of Ysgol Llandygai.
Bethel a'r Felinheli
Sasha Williams and Iwan Huws
The new Bethel a'r Felinheli wards unite the two villages to form a two councilor ward. Sasha Williams from Bethel and Iwan Huws from y Felinheli will stand for Plaid Cymru.
More about Sasha:
- Has been responsible for running Clwb Ti a Fi Bethel.
- Former secretary and Chair of Cylch Meithrin Bethel.
- Governor of Ysgol Gynradd Bethel.
- Member of Llanddeiniolen Parish council.
- Dance Secretary for Eisteddfod Bethel.
- Treasurer of Clwb Pêl Droed Bethel.
More about Iwan:
- Chairman of Y Felinheli Community Council.
- A local voice.
- Good understanding of Local Government.
Menna Jones is Plaid Cymru's councillor in Bontnewydd and lives in Caeathro in the ward. In 2022 she was appointed Cabinet Member for Corporate Support.
Dawn Lynne Jones
Dawn Lynne Jones is Plaid Cymru's councillor in the Cadnant ward in Caernarfon.
More about Dawn:
- Cadnant ward co-ordinator for Cofis Curo Corona, supporting vulnerable people during the lockdown: delivering medicine, shopping and distributing Fareshare packages.
- Worked alongside Porthi Pawb and Porthi Plantos.
- Treasurer of the Llygad Maesincla community group.
- Vice Chair of Ysgol Maesincla Governors.
- Member of Caernarfon Carnival group.
Huw Wyn Jones and Medwyn Hughes
Canol Bangor is a new two-member ward represented by Huw Wyn Jones and Medwyn Hughes.
Some of their achievements:
- Supported the local campaign to thwart plans to build massive apartments on
shores of Hirael Bay.
- Worked in partnership with local residents and North Wales Police to tackle drug dealing incidents at Ashley Fields and Roman Camp.
- Member of Friends of Garth Pier.
- Covid-19 support coordinator in the area.
- Tackled anti-social behaviour in the area, ensuring a stronger Police presence.
- Increased the Council's attention in the Tai Stesion area.
- Ensured focus on the Ysgol Glanadda site, supporting a substantial grant to improve the building for the relocation of Our Lady's School to the site in 2024.
- Ensured necessary new housing for local people on Euston Road.
- Fought for many improvements to the playing field on Heol Dewi.
- Got brighter lights for underneath the Railway Bridge.
- Major resurfacing works at Hendrewen, Tan y Maes, Ger Nant, Ffordd Ainon, pavements at Penchwintan, Cae'r Deon car park and Donkey Lane.
Rheinallt worked hard with the community during his first term as a councilor. He has a passion for fairness; for families and individuals, and successfully supports many in the area. He is pleased that his work pushing for housing in his ward has come to fruition. He will continue to put the needs of his community first when representing the newly formed Canol Bethesda seat.
Canol Tref Caernarfon
Cai represented the Seiont ward on Gwynedd and Caernarfon councils for five years. Caernarfon ward boundaries changed in 2022 and he was elected councillor for the new Canol Tref Caernarfon ward.
More about Cai:
- Chairman of Porthi Dre Cyf. - the company responsible for the O Law i Law shop on Pool Street and many other schemes.
- One of the founders of Cofis Curo Corona - a group that supported vulnerable people during the lockdown.
- Volunteer with Fareshare - a scheme sharing supermarket surplus food.
- Governor of Ysgol yr Hendre and Ysgol Syr Hugh Owen.
- Member of the Harbor Trust.
- Member of Adra's Board of Managers.
- Record of attendance at meetings amongst the best on Gwynedd Council since 2017.
- He holds regular surgeries.
Berwyn Parry Jones
More about Berwyn:
- Working to ensure the transfer of Ysgol Cwm y Glo's building to Menter Fachwen.
- Ensured the footpath from Cwm y Glo to Llanrug was upgraded to a multi-purpose path with lights.
- Campaigned for a roundabout near Brynrefail.
- Represent the Council on Adra's Board.
- Member of Llanrug Community Council.
- Volunteer on the Community Council's Fareshare food scheme.
- Sits on the boards of Menter Fachwen and Byw'n Iach.
- Governor at Ysgol Llanrug and chair of Governors of Ysgol Brynrefail.
Elfed Wyn Williams
Elfed has represented this area on the Council since 2012. Here are some of Elfed's achievements:
- Improved safety outside Ysgol Gwaun Gynfi: three sets of traffic calming lights, new signs and a mandatory speed of 20 mph.
- Played a leading role in securing weekly Mobile Mail visits.
- Lead the restoration of Tŷ Elidir back into community use in 2014.
- Undertook major restoration and repair of the area's roads, bridges and footpaths in the aftermath of the 2012 floods.
- Member of the Defibrillator Committee - playing a part in securing a defib at Arfon Garage, Ty Elidir, Dinorwig Lodge Cafe and Beran Garage.
- Secured major work to improve local housing estates, including: Driveways and wall scheme in Pentre Helen - working with Adra and the Council to create 50 new driveways and walls on the estate, fencing and footpath scheme in Rhydfadog - working with Adra to ensure re-fencing and installing new paths on the estate, ensured flood barriers are installed to protect housing on the Faenol Estate.
To learn more about Gareth, follow this link.
Menna has lived in Penrhosgarnedd for 20 years, and represented the Pentir ward on Gwynedd Council from 2017-2022. She's now the councillor for the newly-formed Faenol ward.
More about Menna:
- Restoration to a part of Glasinfryn's bus service following cuts.
- Helped people get social housing.
- Part of a successful campaign to prevent the development of a large and unsuitable housing in a neighbouring ward.
- Helped to solve problems at the Goetre Uchaf estate, Penrhosgarnedd.
- Distributed free food packages and helped individuals during the pandemic
- Provided key support whilst establishing a new surgery at Parc Menai employing four people.
Einir Wyn Williams
More about Einir:
- Bethesda Community Councilor.
- Governor of Abercaseg and Penybryn Schools.
- Active committee member: Cylch Meithrin Cefnfaes, Neuadd Ogwen, Bwrlwm Haf, Yes Cymru Bethesda.
Elin Walker Jones
Elin is currently a Bangor county and city councillor, as well as being a clinical psychologist working for the NHS with children and young people with learning disabilities and autism.
More about Elin:
- One of the founders of Parkrun Penrhyn.
- Supported the Maestryfan community in upgrading the playing field and creating a community garden.
- Campaigned for the new Ysgol y Garnedd building.
- Secured a new footpath between Ffordd Eithinog and Bryn Eithinog and a roundabout at the bottom of Lôn Bryn to alleviate school traffic.
- Supported Adra to build the Llys Elidir flats in the ward.
- Adopted proposals on Universal Basic Income and a Plastic Free Council, among others.
- Held litter picks.
Llio Elenid Owen
Llio comes from Groeslon and is a former pupil of Ysgol y Groeslon and Ysgol Dyffryn Nantlle. She has a degree in Welsh and History from Aberystwyth University and a Masters Degree in Welsh History from Bangor University.
The well-being of the community is important to her, and she has the passion and enthusiasm to be an effective voice to represent all the residents of the ward, and in particular the voice of the young people of the area.
Llio is a community volunteer at Y Stesion and with Ffrindiau Groeslon.
Kim lives in the heart of her community, and is involved in various initiatives and activities in the village.
More about Kim:
- Volunteer with the Sunday Lunch Scheme.
- Volunteer with the Community Council Befriender Scheme.
- Community Councillor.
- Secretary of Llanberis Football Club.
- Member of y Ganolfan's Committee and the Children's Race.
Beca was elected in a by-election in 2021.
More about Beca:
- Current County Councillor for Llanrug.
- Cabinet Member for Education.
- Community Councillor.
- Governor of Ysgol Gynradd Llanrug and Ysgol Brynrefail.
- Volunteer with various food projects.
Ioan Thomas is the current Menai ward councilor on Gwynedd Council, and Cabinet member for Finance.
More about Ioan:
- Trustee and former Chairman of the Harbor Trust.
- Director of Galeri - during the original development and extension which includes cinema screens.
- Governor of Ysgol Y Gelli.
- Governor of Ysgol Syr Hugh Owen.
- Active member of Twthill Community Group.
Dewi Wyn Jones
Craig ab Iago
Craig ab Iago is councillor for the Penygroes ward.
Mwy am Craig:
- Cabinet Member for Housing.
- Governor of Ysgol Dyffryn Nantlle.
- Governor of Ysgol Baladeulyn.
- Former governor of Ysgol Llanllyfni.
- Former governor of Ysgol Nebo.
- Chairman of Llys Llywelyn, Nantlle.
- Member of the CaeFfest committee.
- Former Antur Nantlle and Siop Griffiths Board Member.
- Former founder Director of Bragdy Lleu.
Paul Rowlinson is Plaid Cymru's councillor in the Rachub ward, which combines the village itself and parts of Bethesda.
More about Paul:
- Has lived in Rachub for 22 years.
- County Councilor since 2017.
- Secretary of Balchder Bro Ogwen.
- Chair of Governors of Ysgol Dyffryn Ogwen.
- Member of Governors of Ysgol Llanllechid.
- Member of Governors of Cylch Meithrin Cefnfaes.
- Member of Ynni Ogwen's Board.
- Former Chair of Partneriaeth Ogwen.
- Covid Volunteer.
- Covid-19 vaccination volunteer.
- Member of North Wales Community Health Council.
- Chairman of Bangor Street Pastors.
Tregarth a Mynydd Llandygai
Mae Beca wedi ei geni a'i magu yn Nhregarth ac wedi mynychu ysgolion Tregarth a Dyffryn Ogwen, ac mae'n adnabod yr ardal yn dda iawn. Mae hi wedi gweithio i Bartneriaeth Ogwen yn y gorffennol ac yn frwd iawn dros hyrwyddo gweithredu cymunedol.
Arwyn 'Herald' Roberts
Arwyn Herald is the Plaid Cymru councillor for the Tryfan ward, which represents the villages of Rhosgadfan, Y Fron and Carmel.
More about Arwyn:
- Worked with the Herald and Daily Post for 45 years.
- Former governor of Ysgol Rhosgadfan for 10 years.
- Founder and former chairman of the Gŵyl Fai Dyffryn Nantlle..
- Former secretary of Clwb Pêl Droed Nantlle Vale.
- Treasurer of Mountain Rangers Football Club.
Edgar has lived in Waunfawr for over 40 years, has been a Community Councillor for nearly 40 years, and a County Councillor since 2017.
More about Edgar:
- Governor of Ysgol Waunfawr.
- Governor of Ysgol Brynrefail.
- Secured £25,000 of grants to Canolfan Waunfawr's committee.
Supporting the Area's Organisations:
Edgar has supported 11 local organisations, over the past year, by distributing £3,000 in grants:
- Waunfawr Football Club
- Y Cylch Meithrin
- The after school club
- Ysgol Waunfawr
- The local branch of the Urdd
- Caeathro Cemetery
- Caeathro Playground
- Betws Garmon Defibrillator
- Waunfawr Snooker Club
- Merched y Wawr's branch
- Waunfawr Bowls Club