1. What is your age? 59
2. What is your marital status and do you have children? If so, how many? Widowed. Four children.
3. What is your full-time job? County Councillor/freelance journalist
4. What is your hometown? Y Felinheli (between Bangor & Caernarfon)
5. What inspired you to enter politics? A desire to see my country reach its full potential.
6. Why are you/would you be a good Assembly Member? I would be an effective ambassador for the people of my constituency and I would use my energy to help make Wales a fair and confident nation.
7. What's your school and working background? Attended Friars Comprehensive School, Bangor, Aberystwyth & Cardiff Universities. Trained as a journalist. Have worked in news, current affairs, broadcasting, communication, publishing & marketing.
8. What are the biggest challenges facing Wales? Creating a strong economy, tackling educational under-attainment & poverty, developing the NHS, decreasing bureaucracy, giving north Wales a fair slice of the cake.
9. Why do you want to represent the area you're running for? So that I can be a strong, new voice for the area where I come from, standing up for north Wales whilst also building on the success of the present Assembly Member, Alun Ffred Jones, who is now retiring.
10. How should Welsh politicians get people interested in the Assembly? Present clear and consistent messages; encourage the development of a robust Welsh press; make full use of social media to create a dialogue with electors.
11. Who is your hero? The Suffragettes.
12. What music would you take to a desert island - and what would your one luxury be? Owain Gwynedd's latest CD. Luxury - a bottle of wine from Pant Du vineyard, Dyffryn Nantlle.